Directions & Map
Poughkeepsie (POU), the train station nearest to West Park, is served by Amtrak (Northeast Direct) as well as Metro-North railroads (Metro-North Hudson Line). Visitors from the New York City area usually take Metro North because of its frequent service to and from New York’s Grand Central Terminal, as well as the 125th Street Station of Metro North.
Taxi drivers typically wait outside the Poughkeepsie station, most are familiar with Holy Cross Monastery, which is about 15 miles from the station. Taxis aren’t metered, so confirm pricing before getting on the road. Fare should be approximately $25. Lyft and Uber also operate in this area. Check the UCAT bus schedule if you’d prefer public transportation.
- Stewart International Airport (Newburgh, NY) is around 40 miles from us. Taxis are available but expensive.
- Albany International Airport (Albany, NY) is around 90 miles from us. Renting a car is more economical than taking a taxi. Or, you could take Amtrak from the Rensselaer Station to Poughkeepsie.
- LaGuardia Airport and John F. Kennedy International Airport (Queens, NY) are around 90 miles from us. Each airport has shuttle service to Grand Central Terminal where you can then connect with Metro-North to Poughkeepsie.
We’re located around 8 miles north of the Mid-Hudson Bridge on Route US 9W.
From the New York State Thruway (I-87):
- Take Exit 18 from the New York State Thruway (I-87).
- Turn East onto Route 299.
- Drive around 5 miles to the T-intersection of Route US 9W and turn left (North)
- Drive into the village of West Park (5 miles) and slow down so you don’t miss our entrance on the right side of the road (past Stonehenge restaurant).
- Take Exit Route 9W and drive north toward Kingston, NY.
- Pass the Mid-Hudson Bridge at Highland, NY and then, follow directions above.